With nearly all churches temporarily canceling their in-person services and other gatherings, here's a list of ways that you, as a leader, might consider responding during this unprecedented time.
- Slow down, rest, pray. Be easy on yourself.
- Let your kids watch TV and eat cookies instead of stressing about creating a pandemic-induced homeschool.
- Encourage small, informal gatherings in homes or parks. Church events may be off, but 2 or 3 gathering together to pray or chat can be a powerful way to fight isolation.
- Pick up the phone and call people. Practice the ancient and forgotten art of talking on the phone. Make calls. Leave voicemails. Embrace the awkwardness.
- Take a walk. Say hello to your neighbors on their porches or up on their balconies from the street.
- Make it easy for people to share prayer needs and pray alongside each other via app or web form.
- Send weekly or daily “How are you doing?” check ins or texts to your congregation.
- We’ve seen many churches embracing virtual services via platforms like Zoom. Consider publishing your video or streaming service to your church’s directory listing under Directory -> Livestream, a new feature of our Find a Church tool. Adding your feed will allow people in your area and elsewhere to find your church’s virtual service via our search tool.
Our app can help with #6 and #7, so please reach out to us, if you are interested in early access. If you’re a fit, we can get you rolling with your new church app within a day.
And, of course, make sure that people know how easy it is to give online with FaithStreet.
Seamless, secure bank account giving and simple FAQs are two things that you can share with folks who may be using online giving for the first time this week. If you need to set-up online giving, we can get you launched today. Email us or call 347-850-7783.
We are working overtime to serve churches like yours this week.
Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. We know it’s a tough, sometimes lonely, job to lead a congregation. We are here for you.
Sean & Glenn