**Reporting To: **Chief Marketing Officer & CEOCompany Overview: FaithStreet (www.faithstreet.com) is building a service that makes it easy for anyone to connect with a great church or Christian community. For churches, FaithStreet provides a great-looking, easy-to-use web presence designed especially for newcomers. For church seekers, FaithStreet is creating a personalized connection experience that will take the confusion and uncertainty out of finding a great church.
We’re growing rapidly. In the last 2 months, over 7,000 churches have created profiles on FaithStreet, and we have already connected thousands of people to great Christian communities.We need people who are excited about our mission and want a challenging learning experience.
One of our biggest challenges is that information about churches has never been organized in a systematic way. We are working hard to organize this information, and we think it is a very big and exciting problem to solve. The problem is much bigger than simply identifying and categorizing all of the churches in the United States. We want to understand how these churches communicate with the world through social media properties, their websites, etc. We also want to understand and map how churches relate to one another through both formal networks (denomination, church networks, local associations, etc) and informal friendships and relationships.You will be doing research that has never been done, and you will be creating valuable data sets that are going to help grow our company and bring millions of people into church communities who might not have otherwise done so. It’s exciting work with the potential to have an incredible impact.
- You should have a passion for helping churches use the internet to more effectively reach people, and for helping people find the right church home.
- You must be a web junkie. You have to enjoy spending hours online doing research and get a thrill out of finding and organizing this information.
- You must be detail oriented and very well organized.
- You must be great at using Google and other online research tools to find information.
- You must be familiar with Google Docs Spreadsheets program (similar to Excel)
- Starting date of Jan 7, 2013 with minimum commitment of 4 months, max 6 months
- 15 hours per week minimum, with the potential for more. Very flexible hours.
- You will work remotely, but if you’re in the NYC area we hope you’ll come work with us in our office occaisionally.
- Work with the Chief Marketing officer to design research projects, and understand how these projects fit into the broader goals of the company, including the business goals
- Communicate daily via Skype or email with Chief Marketing Officer on progress
- You may have the opportunity to do business development on behalf of FaithStreet based on the research you complete. This will depend on your skills and interest.
- To apply, please send an email to FaithStreet CEO Sean Coughlin at email@example.com
- Please include your resume, and a brief statement about “Why I Want to Work at FaithStreet”
Subscribe to FaithStreet
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox