Company Overview: **FaithStreet (www.faithstreet.com) is building a service that makes it easy for anyone to connect with a great church or Christian community. For churches, FaithStreet provides a great-looking, easy-to-use web presence designed especially for newcomers. For church seekers, FaithStreet is creating a personalized connection experience that will take the confusion and uncertainty out of finding a great church.
We’re growing rapidly. In the last 2 months, over 7,000 churches have created profiles on FaithStreet, and we have already connected thousands of people to great Christian communities.We need people who are excited about our mission and want a challenging learning experience.
This is a great opportunity to learn full-scale public relations for an early-stage tech startup. This internship will build skills relevant for pursuing a career in public relations and marketing on the agency side, or the company side. You will be working directly with the Chief Marketing Office and the CEO, and you will gain extremely valuable hands-on experience researching, designing, and executing a PR program at a young, exciting tech startup. We do not currently have a PR plan, so you will design and help execute that plan. Everything that you do will directly contribute to the growth and success of FaithStreet. There is no “busy” work. We’ll evaluate your performance based on the relationships you build and the stories you successfully pitch for FaithStreet.
**We’ve received some solid coverage, and we’re seeking to build on early momentum. You’ll help us design a strategy to reach different kinds of media (social media, web, print, TV, et al) in new markets.PandoDaily: FaithStreet Lives At the Corner of Tech and Christianity
Huffington Post: FaithStreet Connects Communities
the Blaze: FaithStreet Connects People to Churches
Christian Union Magazine: Taking A Leap on FaithStreet
We Are NY Tech: Sean Coughlin, CEO of FaithStreet
Episcopal Church Press Release: Episcopal Church Partners With FaithStreet
MTV Press: What Religion 2.0 Might Look Like…
- 15 hours per week minimum, with the potential for more. Very flexible hours.
- Starting date of Jan 7, 2013 with minimum commitment of 4 months, max 6 months
- Work Remotely, but communicate via Skype and email.
- If you live in the NYC area we welcome you to come work from our office when possible
- Work with the Chief Marketing officer to design a PR strategy
- Research Christian and “mainstream” media properties and journalists at the national, regional and local levels
- Write “pitches” to journalists, bloggers and publishers
- Draft of actual stories or press releases that will be sent to journalists
- Research journalists’,bloggers’, and other influencers’ use of social media, and then use our social media properties to make connections and introductions
- Support all functions of public relations and media relations needs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent Internet Research Skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel or Google Docs
- Persistence and a Positive Attitude
- If you are interested please send an email to FaithStreet CEO Sean Coughlin at email@example.com
- Please include your resume and a brief statement about “Why I Want to Work at FaithStreet”
Subscribe to FaithStreet
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox